Can you believe it my kids don’t like potatoes. French fries, sure, but mash them, boil them, bake them and they are out. Now I realize potatoes aren’t the best vegetable choice, but when faced with the decision between bread or a potato for dinner’s starch it’s a no brainer. Leave the skin on and potatoes pack a great nutritional boost with calcium, vitamin C, B6, and potassium.
Garlic Herb Smashed Potatoes
- yukon gold potatoes or other small boiling potatoes
- garlic salt
- onion powder
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Boil potatoes until fork tender.
- Generously coat a baking sheet with oil. Place potatoes onto baking sheet.
- Spray or brush the tops of the potatoes with oil.
- Using the bottom of a glass or potato masher smash your potatoes into flat disks.
- Sprinkle the tops with your herbs. I love the Trader Joes garlic salt grinder for this.
- Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.