I love keeping my football decor classic, rustic, and neutral. This makes through in your favorite team colors week to week easy. Galvanized steel, clear glass, and white ceramic are all things I have on hand and can easily throw out for a couchgating party done right. Pair it with a grass green tablecloth and some fun football decor too. For halftime and those lulls in the action take the fun outside for some classic lawn games.
Checkout these football party ready ideas, recipes, and games that use some of my favorite supplies from my Wayfair.com board linked above.
- Football Coasters
- Subway Art
- Chili Cheese Pull Apart Bread
- Simple Game Day Party Ideas
- Cilantro Lime Ranch Dip
Next, let’s talk food. Couchgating food should be highly portable for making the rounds from in front of the screen to engaging in a bit of friendly backyard competition. No worthy couchgating soiree is complete without a heavy dosing of cheese and meat, preferably together, and preferably melted cheese.
- 1 tube biscuit dough
- 6 slices thick cut deli ham, chopped
- 16 slices swiss cheese
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- Peel open each biscuit into two parts.
- Roll out and flatten each biscuit ½.
- Fold 1 slice of cheese in the middle of a flattened biscuit. Top with about 1 tbsp. of ham.
- Pull edges into the middle, crimp and close the ham & cheese ball closed.
- Flip over and place each "bomb" on a lined baking sheet seam down.
- Cook in a 400 degree preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- Top with melted butter and a sprinkle of poppy seeds. Return to the oven for 2 minutes or until tops are perfectly golden and butter is set.
I found it easiest to prepare my ham and cheese bombs right on the baking sheet. It made for quick work and very little cleanup. The perfect recipe when you are cooking up an amazing football homegate party!
Cook up a batch of these game winning ham and cheese bombs at your next event and make sure to checkout some of those favorite game day essentials I shared above. Wayfair truly has just what you need for getting your home ready for gameday central. Pull up a stool and get ready to cheer on your favorite team!