Walt Disney World with Mom Select sent me a box of goodies to host a fun filled #DisneyKids Preschool Party. These treats were just one of the copycat recipes found on our tour of the parks and a few fun Disney Parks activities.
On my trip back in October to experience the Diamond Celebration at the Disneyland Park I had my first taste of a Mickey Rice Krispy Treat, yum. A delicious crispy treat, ears dipped ever so lightly in chocolate. It has quickly made its way to the top of our family’s favorite park treat. And now you can bring the taste of the parks home with this super simple Copycat Mickey Rice Krispy Treats recipe.
Begin by melting the butter and marshmallows in a large microwaveable bowl. Add crisp cereal to the mixture, stir.
Cut out Mickey shapes with a cookie cutter.
Copycat Mickey Rice Krispy Treat
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 10 oz. package of marshmallows
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 5 c. rice crisp cereal
- 1 1/2 c. dark chocolate
- Microwave butter and marshmallows in a large microwaveable bowl for 2 minutes on high. Stir, continue heating in 30 sec. increments until fully melted and combined.
- Add crisp cereal to the mixture, stir.
- Place rice mixture onto a parchment lined jelly roll pan. Spread with a spatula until flat. (mixture should fill about 1/2 a standard size pan at 1" thick).
- Fold the excess parchment paper onto the rice krispy treats. Using your hands or a rolling pin continue to work the mixture until it is completely flat.
- Place mixture in the freezer for 5 minutes to set.
- Cut out Mickey shapes with a cookie cutter. Place treats back in the freezer while you prep the chocolate.
- Melt dark chocolate according to package instructions. Dip just the ears into chocolate. Place back onto parchment and add sprinkles. Set chocoalte in freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- For optimal serving, treats should sit at room temperature for 10 minutes to soften. Keep leftover treats in an airtight container in the fridge. Freeze up to 6 weeks.
What are your family’s favorite Disneyland park treats?
In addition to these delicious Mickey Treats we served up copycat Dole Whip (recipe to come, and it’s super easy!).