There’s nothing quite like soup on a wet and cold winter’s day. It’s one of my favorite go to recipes; especially when I can prep and serve from one pot. This lasagna soup is hearty, full of flavor, and a hit for the whole family.
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 c. onion chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 jar 20+ oz) pasta sauce
- 1/2 c. crushed tomatoes
- 6-8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried parsley and oregano
- pinch black pepper
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles broken
- 1 c. fresh spinach chopped
- 1/2 c. mozzarella
- 4 tbsp. ricotta
- Mix together ground beef and Italian sausage. Brown meat in soup pot over medium high heat. Add chopped onion and crushed garlic.
- Drain any excess fat before adding pasta sauce, crushed tomatoes, 4 cups chicken broth. spices (basil, salt, parsley, oregano, and pepper) and vinegar. Stir.
- Add lasagna noodles, then bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer until noodles are al dente, approximately 20 minutes.
- Add remaining 2 cups chicken broth or until desired consistency. Add a handful of fresh chopped spinach, stir.
- Serve topped with mozzarella and scoops of ricotta cheese.
- Try tortellini, mini raviolis, or bow ties for a different flavor and texture. Reduce simmer time depending on type of pasta.
What are your family’s favorite weeknight meals?