This one-pan stuffed pepper skillet is a crowd pleaser. Even my 4-year-old loves it! Eat it by itself or top greens with this flavorful take on stuffed peppers.
One-Pan Stuffed Pepper Skillet
Delicious one-pot meal. Tastes just like stuffed peppers without all the work.
Author: Kelly @eclecticmommy
Recipe type: skillet
- 1 pound ground turkey (sub for sausage, beef, or vegetarian alternative)
- 2-3 crushed garlic cloves
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- pinch paprika
- ½ c. green onions, chopped
- 1 c. tri-color peppers
- 2 c. crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups rice (Uncle Ben's Ready Rice)
- Brown ground turkey in medium stock pot or frying pan. Add garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, basil, and paprika. Stir.
- Add peppers and green onion. Cook 3 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, stir. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes.
- Prep rice according to package. Add and stir well.
- Remove skillet from heat and let stand for at least 10 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- Serve on top of greens or top with cheese.