We’re taking snack time up a notch with this Apple Pie Trail Mix as part of a shop compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReimagineCereal #CollectiveBias
Apple Pie Trail Mix
- 1/4 c. applesauce
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 2 c. Cracklin' Oat Bran
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
- 1/2 c. yogurt covered raisins
- 1 c. freeze dried apples
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small microwave safe bowl mix together the applesauce and coconut oil. Heat on medium-high for 30 seconds.
- Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large bowl mix together cereal and walnuts. Break the freeze dried apples into bite-sized pieces.
- Pour the melted mixture over the dry ingredients, mix.
- Spread mix on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes until mix starts to brown.
- Cool on a drying rack lined with wax paper.
- Once the mix cools add the raisins.
- Store the mix in an airtight container.
It’s time to think beyond cereal and milk! Checkout the great selection of Kellogg’s cereals at Albertsons, and grab some more inspiration for creative breakfast and snack creations here. I’d love to hear how you’re putting a spin on cereal and taking snack time and breakfast up a notch.