Microwave Potato Chips
Crispy seasoned potato chips on demand.
- olive oil
- ice water
- Thinly slice your potatoes using a mandolin. Slices should be between 1/8-1/16 inch thick.
- Immediately place slices in ice water. This helps to remove the starch and create crispy chips with those delicious air pockets.
- Dry the slices using a salad spinner or clean dish towel.
- Line a plate with parchment paper. Lay the potato slices out so they aren't touching. Spritz with a little olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes each side.
- Transfer chips to a bowl, then repeat with the remaining slices.
Keep your chips crispy by storing in an airtight container of zip-lock bag. You can refrigerate raw slices ahead ahead of time for on demand baking. Just place in water in an airtight container. Try different kinds of potatoes. Golden and red potatoes crisp up nicely also.