There is almost nothing better than fresh bread or tortillas. These thick gordita style tortillas are perfect for fajitas, dipped in salsa, spread with a little butter, or straight off the skillet. You may never go back to store bought with 5 simple ingredients and a couple easy steps.
- 3 ½ c. all purpose flour
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. baking powder
- 7 T. canola oil
- 1 c. very hot water
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder together. Mix oil and water and pour over dry ingredients.
- Knead for 3 minutes until dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Cover and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Cut and shape into a 1.5 oz. ball.
- Using a rolling pin or dough press roll each ball into a circle.
- Cook on medium-high non-stick skillet for 20 seconds, then flip.
- Cook for an additional 20 seconds, pressing bubbles down with spatula or fork.
- Place in tortilla warmer until served.