This delicious hidden veggie mac and cheese recipe is part of a shop that has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HorizonHappiness #CollectiveBias
Hidden Veggie Mac and Cheese
- 1 c dry macaroni
- 2 c Horizon® Organic Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 c Horizon® Organic Milk
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 c vegetable puree carrot, sweet potato, or butternut squash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While the water boils for the macaroni, prepare the vegetable puree. Bake or steam vegetable of choice until tender. A fork should pierce the flesh and slide out easily.
- Once the veggies are cooked, puree in a food processor with fresh water until smooth.
- Cook macaroni until al dente, do not overcook. Drain and set aside in a small bowl.
- Coat the bottom of a medium baking dish with oil. Place a layer of macaroni mixed with vegetable puree on the bottom of the dish, just enough to cover.
- Sprinkle with a little black pepper before covering with shredded cheddar. Add another layer of noodles, puree, pepper, then cheese.
- Finish by drizzling milk over everything. Bake at 400 until bubbly and the top just starts to brown and crisp, about 40 minutes.