What better way to start the day than with a breakfast milkshake! This isn’t your ordinary milkshake though, it’s a creamy ice cream based smoothie piled high with berries served in a peanut butter and granola rimmed glass. This breakfast berry freakshake is the perfect start to a hot summer’s day. The whole family got in on this treat after a long morning of yard work. Nothing tastes better than a frosty drink after a morning working in the sun, plus I earned major mom points serving ice cream for breakfast.
Breakfast Berry Freakshake
- 2 tbsp. milk skim, coconut, or almond
- 1/4 c. fresh strawberries
- 1 c. vanilla bean ProYo High Protein Low Fat Ice Cream
- 1/4 c. frozen berries
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. granola
- Add the ingredients to your blender in the order listed. Softer high liquid content foods should go first.
- Blend on the smoothie setting or start on low slowly increasing the speed until the shake is smooth.
- Using a knife or small spatula spread peanut butter onto the rim of the cup.
- Roll, and gently press the granola onto the rim so it sticks to the peanut butter.
- Pour shake into your cup until about 1/2" is left. Slice one strawberry just until the midway point.
- Place on top of the cup.
- Add a small dollop of ice cream right on top against the edge of the glass, and pile high with berries.
My local Fry’s had a great selection of fabulous flavors, and right now you can grab an online coupon through 7/7 for Buy 1 ProYo High Protein Low Fat Ice Cream and Get 1 Free , while supplies last. Use the store locator to find ProYo products near you, available nationwide at Kroger and other banner stores.