Homemade Cheese Ravioli
- PASTA DOUGH
- 2 c flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp.olive oil
- 2-4 tbsp. warm water
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- CHEESE RAVIOLI FILLING
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese, grated or shredded
- 1 c. ricotta cheese
- 1/2 c. shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 large well-beaten egg
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp. parsley flakes
- Add flour, salt, eggs and olive oil to mixer with paddle, mix. Add warm water 2 tbsp. at a time until fully incorporated. You may only need 2 tbsp. The dough should be slightly sticky, and all dry ingredients mixed in.
- Switch out paddle for the dough hook. Mix about 5 minutes until dough is elastic and bounces back.
- Wrap the dough ball in saran wrap, set aside to rest for 30 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- Mix together all ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside while the dough rests.
- Grab off a baseball size ball of dough and flatten into a rectangle. Re-cover the remaining dough.
- Add the dough to your pasta roller. Continuously roll through at each setting twice until you’ve reached the smallest. Run through one more time.
- Cut your sheet in half. Place one sheet onto a floured ravioli maker or surface.
- Add dollops of filling to each cavity or every 1 inch if using a ravioli cutter.
- Add a swipe of egg wash or water around the edge of each dollop. Place the second sheet on top, making sure to smooth out air bubbles.
- Using the ravioli maker or roller cut the raviolis.
- Set each set aside on a floured Silpat to dry while you make the next batch.
- Cook for a couple minutes in boiling water until tender, drain. Top with your favorite sauce or parmesan and butter.