Disclosure: This conversation is a sponsored post on behalf of Wayfair.com and their advertiser. All thoughts and opinions are my own. #sofafortcity
There’s one classic tent that’s the perfect basic foundation, the sofa fort. With just a couple adjustments to your couch, the addition of a throw, and a few clips to hold it in place you’ve got a pretty solid fort to read a book in or make shadow puppets. It’s one of my favorite’s because my little guys can construct, destroy, and rebuild all on their own.
- Start with your sofa, this will be your foundation.
- Remove the seat cushions and place at the edge of your sofa. These will act as your walls.
- Once your walls are in place, drape a blanket, throw, or sheet over the whole structure to create a roof.
- Use clothespins to attach blankets together and extend your roof. Use clamps to anchor down the sides.
- Grab a flashlight or even glow sticks from your fort kit to help illuminate your comfy space.
- Bring in a good book or cuddly friend for an afternoon of fun.
This is the perfect rainy day, or cold weather activity. So cozy and the perfect way to add a little adventure when you’re stuck indoors. Need a little inspiration while hanging out in your sweet tent? Try some of these fun activities:
- read a book
- watch a movie
- listen to music
- play a board game
- have a picnic (s’mores anyone?)
- shadow puppets
- stage a battle
- make something
Here’s a great printable (or pink) to attach to your fort building kit with details on all the essential supplies and ideas for adventures. Next, time your stumped on what to bring to a birthday party try out a personalized fort building kit. With this informative printable plus a few supplies you’ve got thee ultimate “handmade” gift.