This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBias
Pecan Pie Bars with Caramel Apple Drizzle
A fall favorite in handheld form. These pecan pie bars have the same rich flavor with an added crunch and sweetness. The M&M's® and homemade caramel apple bring this treat to another level. #bakeinthefuncontest
Author: Kelly @eclecticmommy
- 1 (15.25 oz.) Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® cake mix
- 1 egg
- ½ c. applesauce
- ½ c. M&M's® Pecan Pie
- ½ c. butter
- ⅔ c. brown sugar
- ⅔ c. honey
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ c. pecans
- ½ c. M&M's®
- Caramel Drizzle:
- 16oz Snapple® Apple Single
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix together cake mix, applesauce, and egg in a medium bowl. Add M&M's® and stir.
- Transfer batter to a foil lined 19"x13" baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes until edges are golden.
- While the crust bakes combine butter, brown sugar, honey, and heavy cream in a medium saucepan.
- Simmer mixture for 1 minute. Remove from heat, add vanilla and pecans.
- Pour warm mixture over baked crust. Sprinkle with M&M's®.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes. The filling will firm up and continue to cook after removing from the oven.
- While the bars cool add Snapple® Apple and butter to a small saucepan.
- Low boil the mixture on medium until the mixture thickens. Stir continuously once the mixture starts boiling to prevent burning.
- Using a fork drizzle the hot caramel over the cooled bars.
- Place the dish in the fridge for 1 hour; this will make it easier to cut. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before serving and slice.
For a crumbly cookie crust add less applesauce.
Right now save $1 on your favorite M&M’s® for the season. What kind of fun would you bake up with harvest M&M’s®?