Microwave Potato Chips
Cuisine: appetizer, snack, side
Crispy seasoned potato chips on demand.
- olive oil
- ice water
- Thinly slice your potatoes using a mandolin. Slices should be between 1/8-1/16 inch thick.
- Immediately place slices in ice water. This helps to remove the starch and create crispy chips with those delicious air pockets.
- Dry the slices using a salad spinner or clean dish towel.
- Line a plate with parchment paper. Lay the potato slices out so they aren’t touching. Spritz with a little olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes each side.
- Transfer chips to a bowl, then repeat with the remaining slices.
Keep your chips crispy by storing in an airtight container of zip-lock bag. [br][br]You can refrigerate raw slices ahead ahead of time for on demand baking. Just place in water in an airtight container. [br][br]Try different kinds of potatoes. Golden and red potatoes crisp up nicely also.