Sweet Potato Ravioli
Delicious dairy free raviolis with a lightly seasoned sweet potato filling.
Author: Kelly @eclecticmommy
Recipe type: dinner
Cuisine: italian, pasta
- PASTA DOUGH
- 2 c flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp.olive oil
- 2-4 tbsp. warm water
- ¾ tsp. salt
- RAVIOLI FILLING
- 1 c. smashed sweet potato
- Pinch Italian seasonings
- pinch black pepper
- Add flour, salt, eggs and olive oil to mixer with paddle, mix. Add warm water 2 tbsp. at a time until fully incorporated. You may only need 2 tbsp. The dough should be slightly sticky, and all dry ingredients mixed in.
- Switch out paddle for the dough hook. Mix about 5 minutes until dough is elastic and bounces back.
- Wrap the dough ball in saran wrap, set aside to rest for 30 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- Mix together all the filling ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside while the dough rests.
- Grab off a baseball size ball of dough and flatten into a rectangle. Re-cover the remaining dough.
- Add the dough to your pasta roller. Continuously roll through at each setting twice until you've reached the smallest. Run through one more time.
- Cut your sheet in half. Place one sheet onto a floured ravioli maker or surface.
- Add dollops of filling to each cavity or every 1 inch if using a ravioli cutter.
- Add a swipe of egg wash or water around the edge of each dollop. Place the second sheet on top, making sure to smooth out air bubbles.
- Using the ravioli maker or roller cut the raviolis.
- Set each set aside on a floured Silpat to dry while you make the next batch.
- Cook for a couple minutes in boiling water until tender, drain. Top with your favorite sauce or parmesan and butter.
Have you tried making your own ravioli before? What are your favorite flavor combinations?