These cheddar biscuits from scratch taste just as good as the ones you can get at Red Lobster. The recipe yields about 7 medium sized biscuits.
Simple biscuits with bursts of cheddar and a savory butter herb topping.
2 c. baking mix (2 c. flour, 1/4 c. shortening, 2 tbsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. salt)
- 1/4 c. melted butter
- 1b/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/16 tsp. onion powder
- 1/16 tsp. dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, combine the baking mix, cheese, and water.
- Mix until dough is firm.
- Using a small scoop (I used my hands) place dough on pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While biscuits are baking combine melted butter, garlic powder,
salt, onion powder and parsley. Brush over baked biscuits.
Pin it for Later!