This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DairyFree4All #CollectiveBias
- 1⅓ cups almond flour
- 2 c + 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- ½ c. egg whites (~ 4 large egg whites)
- ¼ c cocoa powder, Dutch Processed
- So Delicious Dairy Free® – Cashew Milk Salted Caramel Cluster Frozen Dessert
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Prepare a large pastry bag or storage bag with a medium round tip. Give the bag a twist right above the tip and place inside a tall glass with the top draped over the edges.
- In a food processor, process the almond flour (1 1/3c.) and powdered sugar (2c.) on high for 2-3 minutes. Make sure not to overheat the mixture as it can cause the oils to release from the almond flour and stick. Take breaks through processing to stop and scrape the sides.
- Sift the dry mixture and cocoa powder (1/4 c.) through a large sieve, set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, whip egg whites (1/2c). Add 2 tbsp. powdered sugar as soon as the egg whites start to gain volume.
- Whip the egg mixture until they are firm, and little peaks form.
- Slowly add and gently fold the dry mixture into the egg whites.
- Spoon the batter into the pastry bag. Pipe 1 inch circles onto the parchment lined baking sheets. They should spread into 2 inch patties.
- Bake cookies 12-14 minutes at 300°F. Place cookie sheets on the middle rack until tops are firm to the touch.
- Once cookies are cooled completely flip half of them over. Using a small cookie scoop place 1 scoop of softened So Delicious Dairy Free® – Cashew Milk Salted Caramel Cluster Frozen Dessert to half the cookies.
- Place a second cookie on top and push together. Transfer baking sheet to the freezer for 1 hour to firm up.
You could also grab your favorite macaroon and add a little So Delicious Dairy Free® frozen dessert to the middle. That is a frozen macaroon made easy. Find even more frozen dessert inspiration here.