With our family moving back home to Phoenix I was so excited to have
two three opportunities to meet other local area bloggers and moms this past week. Aiden had a blast running and splashing around at Rio Vista Park for a West Valley Mom’s Blog event. Our last day in town I got the VIP treatment at a Safeway Just 4 You seminar, post coming soon. And got my craft on with a group of fantastic ladies at my first Pinterest party, hosted by the one and only Clever Pink Pirate, Sara.
What’s a Pintrest party, you say? You know all those recipes and crafts you have sitting on your virtual pinboard, well this is the party where you break out all those pins you haven’t had time to finish. This means lots of delicious recipes shared, like: blender salsa, canoli cones, eggless cookie dough bites, and chicken spinach and artichoke stuffed shells; and tons of ideas, tools, and stories shared.
If the food and crafting wasn’t the icing on the cake, Laura from Pink Cake Plate, reached out to some business owners and bloggers to secure some really fun and crafty swag.
- Pick Your Plum sent over a bunch of goodies to giveaway and each of us got a little bag full of findings to make some cute flower embellished accessories.
- Megan from Brassy Apple gave us each a certificate to download one of her patterns.
- The Sewing Loft sent us all a little kit to make our own zipper flower.
- Quick Trip, the reason my husband was okay with me crafting for 5 hours, sent over coupons for free treats and drinks.
- Becki from Whippy Cake donated gift certificates for 2 lucky participants!
I focused my crafting effort on Father’s Day. I managed to complete almost 3 crafts for Jd, themed around his new general education classroom. Two of the crafts were Pintrest inspired and one was stollen from the mind of my husband when we went shopping for supplies.
- Sharp & Flat pencil jars
- Scrabble Name Plate
- Mod Podge Wall Name (Mr D- with the M as an eighth note)
Checkout some of the other crafty ladies posts:
Kim, A Night Owl Blog
Sara, Clever Pink Pirate
Laura, Pink Cake Plate
Heather, Brie Brie Blooms