A couple weeks ago I whipped up chocolate mint cake cookies. I decided to use the same recipe base and fancy it up with another topping and mix in. At the hot chocolate bar we served up a fun selection of toppings including dehydrated mallow bits. I couldn’t wait to try them in our new favorite cookie base.
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- ⅓ c. vegetable or canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. mallow bits
- Pre heat oven to 350°F
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, and eggs.
- Drop 1-inch balls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Top with a few mallow bits.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes until set. Cool 1 minute; then transfer to cooling racks.
The mallow bits were a delicious addition to the chocolate cake cookies. I can’t wait to try them out in more sweets. Next up I’m thinking fudge!