I tried out an easy garlic knot recipe. I’m giving you the recipe below as I made it, but pay attention to the tips and suggestions below. Definitely would make some changes next time, stay tuned.
1 tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits ( I used Trader Joe’s Buttermilk Biscuits)
1/4 cup butter melted
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (Kraft works just fine)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Roll each biscuit into a 12-in. snake and tie into a knot. I found it easiest to flatten the biscuits, then roll up like a taco, then roll it out into a rope like you would with play dough.
- Place on a prepped baking sheet. I prefer silpats, rather than greasing and adding more oil.
- Bake per package instructions or until golden brown.
- In a bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Brush the warm knots with the mixture.
- Next time I’d like to try using a french bread dough or breadstick dough. The Pilsbury variety or perhaps this recipe from Frieda Loves Bread (my new favorite baking blog).
- The butter was okay but made for a goopy mess. I’m wondering if olive oil would do the same trick; flavor and all.