Perler beads are a fun past-time that are making a comeback. As a kid I enjoyed making simple designs as coasters and photo frames. Now there are all kinds of fun ways to pixelate your favorite characters with a larger variety of colors.
- 13 black
- 6 red
- 103 yellow
- heart pegboard
- parchment paper
- Place 10 yellow beads starting at the bottom. You should have 4 rows of yellow.
- In the middle of the 5th row place one black bead. Above it place 2 more, on either sides. In the row above place 3 black beads, then 4 black beads.
- Fill in the remainder of the rows with yellow. Place 2 additional full rows of yellow.
- Place 3 yellow beads in the next row on each side. Then one red bead on each side. Then fill in the remainder of the row with yellow.
- In the next row place 3 yellow beads in the next row on each side. Then 2 red beads in each side.
- Fill in the remainder of the row and peg board with yellow.
tip: Use tweezers to help place beads. It’s quicker and more accurate.
How cute is this? Try making the emoji Perler heart then checkout these other Perler bead projects.