I was sent a selection of Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free products to try. At first I was stumped with the Scottish oatmeal, but realized it was the perfect texture to use as a course oat flour for chocolate chip cookies. The result was amazing and so much easier than dragging out my blender. Up next is gluten-free ultimate oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
- 3/4 c. butter flavor shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c. Scottish oatmeal
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- Combine shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in mixing bowl. Beat at medium until creamy. Add egg and beat.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda. Mix in Scottish oatmeal.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mix until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack.
Sound delicious? Pin it for later!