ModernMom invited me to cook a recipe using Ragu® OldWorld Style® Traditional Sauce. Each jar of sauce is made with 11 juicy tomatoes, making this Ragú’s richest and thickest sauce. Our house is full of different diets so individual lasagna cups were the perfect twist on a traditional recipe. It’s an easy spin on Ragú No Boiling Lasagna, and a favorite in our household.
About once a month our family gets together. I cook, they eat, then we all congregate in the living room for some games. With the new varied tastes the menu is increasingly becoming more difficult. I love that I can throw together these cups very quickly and make sure everyone has what they like. As you can see even the youngest are a fan. I ask my oldest every week for his input on the menu and lasagna cups definitely come up often.
Checkout the easy recipe below for making classic lasagna cups. See the notes for how I modified mine with simple ingredients like ground turkey and vegetable purees.
- ⅓ pound ground beef
- salt, pepper, basil, and oregano to taste
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1¾ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
- 1¾ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prep muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Brown beef, and season with salt, pepper, basil, and oregano. Drain. Add Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce to beef. Stir.
- Set aside ¾ cup Parmesan cheese and ¾ cup mozzarella cheese for the top of your cups.
- Start layering starting with a wonton wrapper pressed it into the bottom of each muffin tin.
- Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese and ricotta cheese. Top with a little meat sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers again (i.e. wonton, Parmesan, ricotta, pasta sauce, and mozzarella). Top with remaining Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. To remove, use a knife to loosen the edges then pop each lasagna out.
omit the meat and replace with sweat potato or butternut squash puree for a meat free solution.
switch out ground beef for ground chicken or turkey.