It’s taken me awhile to get around to writing birthday posts; better late than never, right? The birthday boy is a huge Mickey fan so everything was themed with blues, reds, and yellows. I even got to dress up for the occasion.
Hot Glue Gun
Cut 4+ 10-12 inch strands of ribbon. Cut less for a sparse look and more for a full look. For the rosette I created I used four 12 inch lengths of ribbon.
1. Fold each piece of ribbon, creating 4 loops.
2. Wrap the thread around the middle of the ribbon loops a few times. Tie a knot to finish each. Do this with each length of ribbon.
3. Fan the loops out to make “butterfly wings”.
4. Stack the ribbons, using hot glue to adhere the layers together.
5. Finish with a button.
6. Hot glue the pin to the back of the rosette.
7. Attach to your favorite top, headband, or sweater.